The BBB Excellence Awards - GE Johnson Ethics
honors outstanding businesses whose ethical business practices promote and uphold a fair marketplace.
To be considered, a business must demonstrate above-and-beyond practices in four categories:
- Management Practices
- Customer/Vendor/Supplier/Shareholder Relations
- Marketing/Advertising/Communications/Sales Practices
- Reputation within Industry and Community
If a winner is selected, we will present the award at our A Night of Excellence with Your BBB
dinner to be held September 26, 2013 at the Crowne Plaza in Colorado Springs.Congratulations to our previous winners:
2011 - Berwick Electric Company
2010 - Trax Construction IncEligibility Requirements
- The BBB Excellence Awards - GE Johnson Ethics is open to all for-profit and non-profit businesses that serve retail and wholesale markets.
- Applicants must exhibit high ethical standards of behavior toward: customers, suppliers, end users, shareholders, employees, and communities in which they do business.
- Applicants must have a long-standing history and reputation for ethical practices in the marketplace.
- Organizations applying for the award must be located in the twenty-five counties served by your BBB: Alamosa, Baca, Bent, Chafee, Cheyenne, Conejos, Costilla, Crowley, Custer, El Paso, Fremont, Gunnison, Hinsdale, Huerfano, Kiowa, Kit Carson, Las Animas, Lincoln, Mineral, Otero, Prowers, Pueblo, Rio Grande, Saguache and Teller. The headquarter location does NOT need to be located in southern Colorado.
- Applicants are not required to be a BBB Accredited Business.
Companies may nominate themselves or they may be nominated by anyone else. 2013 award nominations will be accepted through April 26, 2013. Nominated companies will be contacted by your BBB and offered the opportunity to participate in the program by completing a full application. Thanks to the generous support of our title sponsor, GE Johnson Construction, there is no fee to enter an application so nominate any company you feel is worthy and we will handle the rest.Click here to complete our online nomination form.Click here to download a print copy of our online nomination form.Application Process
Nomination forms are used as a base for companies to complete an application and companies may utilize your BBB and/or those who nominated them to compile a full application. Thanks to the generous support of our title sponsor, GE Johnson Construction, there is no fee to enter an application. Background checks will be conducted on all applicants.
Company application deadline is 5 p.m. on Friday, May 24, 2013 and includes the following:
Click here to download the complete entry packet.
- One 3-ring binder addressing each of the four award categories
- One electronic version of the entire submission, preferably a PDF file
- Completed entry form
- Cover letter from CEO/General Manager/President
- Signed BBB media disclosure and consent form
Submit completed applications to your BBB at 25 North Wahsatch Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80903. Applications are confidential and reviewed by a committee comprised of your BBB board members and staff, UCCS faculty and a representative from our title sponsor, GE Johnson Construction.Judging Process
Applications will be reviewed by a judging panel comprised of your BBB board members and staff, UCCS faculty and a representative from our title sponsor, GE Johnson Construction. The CEO/President/General Manager of potential award winner will be scheduled for a conference call by your BBB.
One award recipient may be selected and, if selected, winner will be announced at our annual award dinner, A Night of Excellence with Your BBB
, on September 26, 2013. The 2013 BBB Excellence Awards - GE Johnson Ethics
logo will be shared with winner for use in collateral and promotional materials.
For more information, contact Marjorie Noleen at firstname.lastname@example.org
, (719) 636-5076 ext. 115 or (866) 206-1094 ext. 115.